29 Mar 2003 | SFEMC ABS Joint Statement on SARS
SFEMC-ABS Joint Statement on SARSto CEOs/Treasury Head/BCM Head of ABS Member Banks and Other Financial Institutions
29 March 2003
In response to the current developments on the Severe Acute RespiratorySyndrome (“SARS”), the Singapore Foreign Exchange Market Committee(“SFEMC”) and The Association of Banks in Singapore (“ABS”) recommend thefollowing for business continuity management (“BCM”) of treasury and dealing rooms’ operations.
To minimize or prevent any disruption to normal trading operations of alltreasury activities, financial institutions are encouraged to:
- Keep current their BCM plans;
- Heed the travel advisory issued by the Ministry of Health to:
- Avoid travelling to Hong Kong, Hanoi and Guangdong province in China for the time being, unless absolutely necessary.
- If you have travelled to these places, be vigilant and seek immediatemedical attention if you have fever (more than 38 degree celsius) and respiratory symptoms including cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulty. Do not fly if you have developed such symptoms.
- Avoid crowded places if possible.